The EdMod Platform Featuring the Learning Biography™
- Strategies are streamlined from lengthy research articles into one-sentence recommendations that are easy to understand and implement.
- Strategies are written from the perspective of the student so that the user can better understand what is going on inside of the mind of the learner.
- Novice and seasoned teachers alike can choose the depth of their investigation of the strategies by selecting the most appropriate link for them. They can choose from related articles, research publications, or videos.
- When possible, a direct link to the strategy is provided.
Enhances Any Curriculum, Program, or Standards
- Strategies can be used by teachers of all school subjects, from Biology to Creative Writing to Music and beyond.
- Strategies are easily incorporated into Common Core based lesson plans, other State Standards, or any specialized learning/program objectives.
- Any organization that serves people with disabilities can accelerate their impact by providing the strategies to their staff.
Job Embedded Professional Development
- Users can continually expand and refine their “toolbox” of teaching strategies while using the EdMod App.
- Teacher efficiency improves by decreasing the amount of time they spend looking for and testing strategies.
- Teachers can dig deeper within each strategy when they desire more information by clicking on links to articles, research, and videos.
- Professional development can happen around the clock – not just in a segmented hour of the day.
- Strategy effectiveness data provides student-centered professional development.
Featuring the Learning Biography™
- Begins with a snapshot of the most important information about each student.
- A portfolio for each student containing strategies that work and don’t work.
- Effectiveness data is calculated for each strategy in the aggregate and for each individual student.
- A dynamic collection of wisdom from teachers past and present so nobody has to reinvent the wheel every year.
- Students can login to their own Learning Biography™ so they can tell their teachers directly how well each strategy is working – with a touch of the finger, they can rate effectiveness and thereby take ownership of their own learning.
- Access the Learning Biography at home, in the classroom, in the counselors office, or anywhere – so that everyone who influences their education can provide consistent implementation and have a holistic understanding of each child as a learner.